Friday, December 4, 2015

Who can save us?

I've been really overwhelmed and depressed lately over some stuff that's been going on in my life, and it has got me focused on all the evil in the world.

Mass shootings. People who abuse their loved ones. People being fired and laid off, and unable to afford their bills. Cancer. Mood disorders.

There is so much wrong with the world, that it is sometimes hard to see any good in it at all.

Chances are, you are going through something in your life right now. You may feel as discouraged and downtrodden as I do. So I'll share my thoughts on how I am getting through it.

God is really helping me. I don't want to offend anyone or push my religion on anyone, but this is my truth. I know that God is real, because I have observed Him. He comforts me, sustains me, supports me. And in this time of uncertainty, the only thing that is getting me through is the knowledge that He will continue to take care of me.

I can't pretend to know who exactly God is. I believe that He is beyond human comprehension. I do believe that He is all-knowing, all-powerful, and most importantly, all-loving. Some people have a conception of a really judgmental, angry God. That is not how I see Him.

I know that some of you have been told that God hates you-because you are LGBT, or have had premarital sex, or have a different religion than the person judging you, or what-have-you-and this breaks my heart. I believe that it also breaks God's heart. He loves you, no matter who you are or what you have done. He knew you millennia before you were born, what life issues you would struggle with, what interests and preferences you would have, what good and wonderful things you would do, in addition to how you would unfortunately contribute to the evil in the world, as all humans sadly do.

You matter to Him. You may feel insignificant and abandoned by everyone in your life, but you-yes, you!-matter to the King of the universe.

Again, I don't want to push my beliefs on anyone, and you can take or leave as much from this as you'd like. But I just want you to know that there is a reason for every hurt you are going through, and that one day, there will be no more tears.

Dear God, I pray for all the people who are in pain (which is to say, the entire world). I pray that You would gather them in your arms and let them know Your comfort. I pray especially for those who have been told that they are not fit for a relationship with You, that You would prove to them, in Your infinite love, how very wrong that is! Finally, I pray that you would help us to keep up hope. Keep us going. And protect us until that day when everything will be alright. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment